The National Scrabble Association
The National SCRABBLE Association (NSA), operates in a partnership between SCRABBLE® enthusiasts throughout North America and Hasbro. Founded in 1978, it is the official group for the National School SCRABBLE® Program, SCRABBLE® Media Relations, strategic partnerships and Casual SCRABBLE® Clubs and Players.
Some of the National SCRABBLE® Association’s activities include:
- Playing an active role in SCRABBLE® public relations, publicity and promotions regarding game play.
- Developing and promoting the National School SCRABBLE® Program.
- Maintaining a list of Casual SCRABBLE® Clubs in North America as well as School SCRABBLE® and Library Programs.
- Answering questions from consumers and press regarding the game’s history, rules, products, etc.
- Developing the Official SCRABBLE® Players Dictionary and the Official Tournament and Club Word List with Merriam-Webster, Inc.
- Monitoring the media for correct trademark use.
- Maintaining a relationship with literacy groups across the country & promoting their SCRABBLE® fundraisers.
The NSA is also affiliated with the North American SCRABBLE® Players Association (NASPA), the official organization for tournament activities. To learn more please visit www.scrabbleplayers.org.